Consume Media is a video marketing agency looking to hire a Copywriter-Producer on a contract-to-hire basis to join our Pre-Production team and assist with the development of client projects. This role has the opportunity to transition to full-time at the conclusion of the contract period. The Copywriter-Producer will contribute throughout the creative development and creative logistics phases of our projects, with a focus on scriptwriting for video. Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing for brands, cultivating writing excellence with attention to detail regarding brand guidelines, grammar, platform best practices, etc. You are organized, self-starting, and have a strong ability to work with others. This position will work with clients across industries such as technology, including sales, marketing & SaaS software, data analytics, athletics, fashion, and more. Candidates may be asked to complete a creative challenge depending on strength of portfolio and past work experience.
Peachtree Corners, GA + Remote Flexibility
Pre-Production, Design, Post-Production
Head of Pre-Production
The Copywriter-Producer will be responsible for leading client research, developing messaging outlines, writing audio scripts, creating audio-visual scripts, as well as contributing to creative concepts, treatments and creative logistics such as casting, location searches, craft services, and other production-related logistics. The Copywriter-Producer will work closely with the rest of the pre-production and creative team at large through a collaborative feedback process.
Creative Development (90% of the job)
- Contribute to the creative brainstorming process through the Concept and Creative Treatment phases.
- Assist in the preparation process for the Client kickoff meeting, including sourcing messaging and visual references, and ideas
- Lead post-kickoff Project Research efforts.
- Distill research into concise messaging outlines to align with our clients.
- Develop scripts for marketing videos such as product demos, explainers, interviews, etc. while incorporating the brand’s identity (especially the voice) and adapting that to various platforms, audiences, messages and purposes
- Source visual references and inspiration to include in the visual development of the audio-visual script.
- Provide, receive, and implement feedback throughout the creative process from across the organization.
- Manage the subtitle process including ordering, revising, and implementing subtitles into final videos.
Creative Logistics (10% of the job)
- Create and publish casting calls and manage the casting process (casting sourcing and selection, casting presentation, talent contracts/releases, talent briefs, wardrobe briefs, etc).
- Create and publish casting calls for voiceover talent & provide direction to voiceover talent during the recording session
- Lead location searches and logistics, schedule location scouts, secure permits, etc.
- Assist with the creation of mood boards for props and set decoration for production day.
- Opportunity to assist with art department and wardrobe on production days
- Schedule and manage craft services for production days for clients, cast, and crew.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field.
- 3+ Years of experience in Writing or Content Marketing
- Portfolio or writing samples of relevant creative work, demonstrating experience writing for video or digital content, social, or marketing & advertising
- Experience working on branded content projects for clients.
- Familiarity with storytelling through video and motion. Experience with creating visual concepts is a plus.
- Previous creative agency experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with software as a service (SaaS) clientele is especially desirable.
Attributes and Abilities
- Personable with superb communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Polished, professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Willingness to learn and uphold established processes.
- Hyper-organized and effective time management skills, with the ability to be self-directed.
- A creative flair, originality, imagination, and a visual sense.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
Candidates may be asked to complete a creative challenge depending on strength of portfolio and past work experience.