[ how-to videos ]
Uploading Subtitles to Facebook
Why Use Subtitles?
This day and age, most videos are watched without sound, especially on social media. In fact, 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound! But there’s an easy solution- closed captions! But how do we upload subtitles to Facebook? Find out below!
1. Upload Your Video to Facebook
2. Correct Subtitle File Name
This next step is very important. Open your files, find your subtitle file, and rename it to fit Facebook’s guidelines.
The file naming convention is:
[title of video].[language code]_[country code].srt
So what does this mean?
- [title of video]: This is what you titled your video on Facebook. In our example, it is Consume Media Brand Video
- [language code]: This is a code that tells Facebook what language your subtitles are in. If your subtitles are in English, this code would be en
- [country code]: This tells Facebook what country you’re posting from. For the United States, the country code is US
- We generally post English subtitles from the United States, so our subtitle files look [title of video].en_US.srt
For our example, we would rename our subtitle file to Consume Media Brand Video.en_US.srt
3. Time to Upload the Subtitles
4. Ready to Publish
If you want to schedule your video to post later, click the bubble next to Schedule, then pick your ideal date and time.
Subtitles are Important!!!
Want more how-to videos? Click here!
Digital Marketing Manager